Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Edwina Scissorhands

Hello Everyone,
 
Sometimes I just can't help myself when I see a new fabric line that jumps out at me and says buy me.  Buy me now!
 

This fabric line, called Rachel Remembered by Betsy Chutchian for Moda, is fabric that needed to come and live at my house.


So here's the story behind the block.  After I got tired of putting everything away from the quilt show, I sat down with my sketch pad.  The sketch pad was only a ploy so Mr. Joe would think I was working instead of snoozing. (I had every intention of taking a snooze!) 

Who could sleep while looking and fondling this fabric?  I started to draw different quilting components and this 10" block was born.  I can just picture the machine quilting around the center star.  I ran upstairs to my sewing room and starting cutting into the fabric just like Edward Scissorhands.  If you've seen the movie you can just picture little pieces of fabric flying around the room. Now I have to clean that room again!

Johnny Depp as Edward Scissorhands

Throughout my day, I may just happen to drift upstairs to my quilting room and become Edwina Scissorhands. 

8th grade graduation party tomorrow here at the house.  I'd better get my act together today to be better prepared for tomorrow.  It seems like the girls just started Kindergarten, and now they will be going to High School.....before you know it, they will be going off to college. YIKES!

Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...and where is this beautiful block going ? love the design and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful fabric line, and I love the pretty block you came up with for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty :-) I'm loving all those components. Can't wait to learn more from you in September!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block! I bought the whole line too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful block you designed! Do you always do them on graph paper first? If I have an idea in my head, I usually just start cutting and sewing, and later may have to change the size or colors, etc. If I start with graph paper, it usually doesn't end up anything like my drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous block Edwina!! :-)
    Do I see a new quilt design starting? Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Edwina (er, I mean you) don't get any ideas about trimming Mr. Joe's blueberry bushes! Seriously, I did the same thing when I saw the new fabric. It's been staring at me on my cutting table since it arrived a few weeks ago! Let those ideas flow, Lynn....more for me to bring to the retreat!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this block - especially in this gorgeous fabric! It looks great both on point and otherwise!

    ReplyDelete