Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

 Hello Everyone,

Class was in session on Tuesday at In Between Stitches.  A few of the girls are working on their Kim Diehl Journey's End quilt. 

 
They are doing a much better job keeping up than I am!
 

 
That's the key to a BOM.  Stick with it monthly and you won't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I am feeling overwhelmed!
 


Laurie is finishing up this wool and flannel quilt.  Spectacular! Laurie is headed to a retreat and plans to get a lot accomplished on this quilt while she's there.


She trimmed 206 little half square triangles during class.  She made them 8 at a time.  See my tutorial HERE in my virtual classroom to learn how to make HST 8 at a time.


Rose is diligently working on Heritage.   Evelynne is ambitiously planning on making 2 twin-size Heritage quilts.


Wendy is making good progress on her black and white quilt.  Her son's wedding anniversary is a few months away.  She is re-thinking her plan and thinks this quilt might be finished on their 5th anniversary!


My friend Barbara, from Sonora stopped by to show us this beauty.  So much attention to detail!  It was incredible.  We picked out the border, both inner, outer and of course I added a flange.  She promised to bring it back when it's all finished.


We all gave this quilt a perfect "10"!


I'll be in my long arm room today machine quilting Prairie Flower.  My progress is hindered by the fact that I can't stand for hours at a time until this leg gets better.  I quilt for awhile, then put my leg up, toes pointed to the ceiling.  At this rate, it is going to be tough to meet the deadline for the photography session.  I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage to pay for the Next Day Air shipping charges!

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I LOVE that purple backgound. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all your gals are a 10! Boy do sympathize with your leg issue, Lynn! It's life-changing for sure, but I know you'll hang in there! Maybe in the meantime Mr. Joe can train Mazey to fly your quilt to it's photo shoot
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete